NOTE: We are not accepting new requests for Summer 2021 courses in Canvas.
Follow these steps to request your Canvas development space
- Login using your NetID at http://go.illinois.edu/sra
- Once logged in, you will see six different space types available – select the Development Space option and press the Next button at the bottom of the page.
If you are ready to build your Canvas course and do not need a space for testing, you can choose “Registrar-Affiliated Space“, “Non-Registrar-Affiliated Space“, or “Training Space” and continue following the instructions below. Some text will differ slightly.
- On the next screen, the space requestor and space owner fields will be populated with your NetID. If you are ordering a space for yourself, you can leave these fields as is, or you can add another user’s NetID to request a development space on their behalf. Click the Next button when you’re ready to proceed.
- Select the space owner’s Unit and then Department from the available options; then click Next.
- Give the development space a title. For easy identification, we recommend that you include your last name within the title.
- On the next screen, select I do not want to move any content; then click next.
- This final screen will allow you to preview your development space settings before submitting. If everything looks correct, click on Submit. You can edit any field by clicking on the appropriate link, or use the back button to navigate to previous screens.
Once you have submitted your request, you should see a verification screen notifying you that the request was successful. This information will also be sent to your email, and you will receive a follow-up email once the space is created. Most space requests are completed within a few hours but may take up to two days depending upon the volume of incoming requests.
To access your new Canvas development space, log in at https://canvas.illinois.edu and you will see your Canvas Dashboard.